Encouraging Children’s Social Skills through Engaging PlaytimeBradley Rice | January 12, 2018 | 24 | Toys and Recreation
Playtime is quite funny to adults because it is free of purpose. To play is to allow yourself the chance to explore and show things without fear of judgment. If adults played more often the world might be a less stressed place. However, there are many adults buying remote control toys online like Beyblade Burst for sale at online hobby and toy shops today. A child needs to develop social skills in order to live in the world. Children who develop good social skills are more likely to be popular and less likely to be frustrated with the world. A child with good social skills is easily understood, has his needs met and will generally have fun. And the more a child can communicate with others the better his social skills will become. Encourage children to play because it is the one time in their lives when they can truly be children. And it is wonderful to see and learn from.
This article explains how children develop social skills thru the joy of play
Children that have good social skills have probably learned the art of sharing and cooperation. There are a number of toys that can be played with to encourage your toddler to learn the art of sharing, but it won’t happen overnight! Toddlers really only start to play together when they’re around 18 months old give or take a couple of months. Although you can still buy remote control toys online like Beyblade Burst for sale today for the future. Click here Mr Toys Toyworld
What types of toys can you buy to help your child develop social skills?
· Outdoor toys like remote control toys online can be really useful in teaching toddlers the art of sharing and cooperation. An activity center in the garden will have lots of things for toddlers to share. Toddlers learn to wait their turn while someone else is on the slide.
· See-saws also help toddlers work together and double swingers on a swing can show toddlers that playing together can be fun.
· It’s important that playtime like this is supervised and a responsible adult can gauge when an argument has become too heated. At this point it’s probably best to remove the toy from play – a little bit of cause and effect learning does no harm.
· Wooden toys can also play a part in social learning. Train sets can be great fun to play with when there are other toddlers around. Toddlers can make up their own stories about the trains and even decide on what the track should look like.
· Social skills involve the ability to role play and to imaginative play. When you buy remote control toys online, your toddlers can be inspired by what they see in their books or on TV and play make believe with their new friends.
Other hints and tips for encouraging social skills
– Spend time talking with your child and ask about what she is doing.
– Don’t allow too much fighting over the toys – act as the ringmaster and remove the toy.
– Make sure your child is able to attend toddler groups if they are not at nursery and try to spend time with your child at a toddler group.
– Have some play dates at home where you invite toddlers of a similar age to play – you may want to remove some of your child’s favorite toys for this.
– Go to a play park or toddler gym.
– Let your toddler see you behave well in a social situation.